|Name||:||Dr. Anmol Ratna Saxena|
|Designation||:||Assistant Professor and Head|
|Department||:||Department of Electrical Engineering|
Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, NIT Delhi
Assistant Professor, Madhav Institute of Technology and Science (MITS), Gwalior (M.P.)
Sr. Lecturer, Oriental College of Technology (OCT), Bhopal (M.P.)
• Ph. D. (Power Electronics), Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, New Delhi.
• M. Tech. (Heavy Electrical Equipment), Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (M.P.).
• B.E. (Electrical Engineering), Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg (C.G.).
• Diploma in Engineering (Electrical Engineering), Govt. Polytechnic, Nowgong (M.P.).
Awards & Honors
- Early Career Research Award by SERB, DST GoI.
- Received MHRD scholarship to pursue Ph.D. at IIT Delhi.
Areas of Research Interest:
Power Electronics, Application of Power Electronics to Renewable Energy Systems, Smart DC Grids (Micro/Nano), Modeling, Design and Digital Control of DC-DC Conversion System, Embedded Systems and IoT.
Sponsored Research Project (Ongoing) as Principal Investigator (PI):
1. Higher-Order DC-DC Converters for Power Management of DC Nanogrid in Futuristic Smart Buildings,
Sponsored by: Science and Education Research Board (SERB), Duration: Oct. 2016 - Sept. 2019, Cost: 46.97 Lacs
Doctor of Philosophy:
- Mr. Pankaj Dahiya (Ongoing) jointly with Dr. Pankaj Mukhija
- Ms. Ashima Kulshreshtha (Ongoing)
- Mr. Deepak Kumar (Ongoing)
- Mr. Sunil Gautam (Ongoing) jointly with Dr. Pankaj Mukhija
Master of Technology:
At NIT Delhi
- Mr. Amit Gupta (ongoing)
- Mr. G. Satyanarayana (June-2019)
At MITS Gwalior
- Mr. Gaurav Pathak (June-2015)
- Mr. Shyam Gupta (June-2015)
- Mr. Dhananjay Singh (June-2015)
- Ms. Ashima Kulshreshtha (June-2015)
- Ms. Sakshi Shrivastava (June-2015)
1. Head of the Department (September 2017 till date)
2. Dean (Faculty welfare) (August 2016 to September 2017)
3. Dean (Research and Consultancy) ( December 2014 to August 2016)
4. Coordinator, Startup Center
Other Institutional Assignments:
- Nodal Officer, NIRF (Continuing)
- Local Coordinator, GIAN (Continuing)
- Remote Center Coordinator (RC 1349 of IIT Bombay under NMEICT programme) (Continuing)
- Dy. Controller of Examination
- Nodal Officer (Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan)
- Member, PAN NIT Alumni Association
- Chairman, Tech. Club
- Faculty Coordinator, Tech Fest (2016 & 2017)
- Chairman, Medical Amenities
- Member, Annual Report Committee
- Chairman, Industry Institute interaction committee
- Chairman, Consultancy Cell
- P. Dahiya, P. Mukhija, and Anmol Ratna Saxena, “Event-triggered based decentralized control for frequency regulation of power system,” accepted for publication in IET Generation Transmission and Distribution, Feb. 2020.
- P. Dahiya, P. Mukhija, and Anmol Ratna Saxena, “Design of sampled data and event-triggered load frequency controller for isolated hybrid power system,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy System, Vol. 100, pp. 331–349, 2018.
- P. Dahiya, P. Mukhija, Anmol Ratna Saxena, and Y. Arya, “Comparative performance investigation of optimal controller for AGC of electric power generating systems,” Automatika Journal for Control, Measurement, Electronics, Computing and Communications, Vol. 57, No. 4, pp. 902–921, 2016.
- M. Veerachary and Anmol Ratna Saxena, “Optimized Power Stage Design of Low Source Current Ripple Fourth-Order Boost DC-DC Converter: A PSO Approach,” IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics, vol. 62, no. 3, PP. 1491-1502, Mar. 2015. (Recent Impact Factor : 6.383)
- M. Veerachary and Anmol Ratna Saxena, “Design of Robust Digital Stabilizing Controller for Fourth-Order Boost DC-DC Converter: A Quantitative Feedback Theory Approach,” IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, no. 2, PP. 952-963, Feb. 2012. (Recent Impact Factor : 6.383)
- Anmol Ratna Saxena and S.M. Gupta, “Performance Analysis of P&O and Incremental Conductance MPPT Algorithms Under Rapidly Changing Weather Conditions”, Journal of Electrical Systems, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 292-304, Sep. 2014. (Recent Impact Factor : 0.987)
- Dahiya Pankaj, Mukhija Pankaj, Saxena Anmol Ratna (2020) Global Neighbourhood Algorithm Based Event-Triggered Automatic Generation Control. In: Kalam A., Niazi K., Soni A., Siddiqui S., Mundra A. (eds) Intelligent Computing Techniques for Smart Energy Systems. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 607. Springer, Singapore.
- Ashima Kulshreshtra and Anmol Ratna Saxena, " Stability and Interaction Analysis of Input Voltage Controlled Converters for Low Voltage DC Nanogrids", IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems Conference 2018, PEDES-2018.
- D. Kumar and Anmol Ratna Saxena, "Design and Control of Battery Embedded Fourth-Order Boost Converter", IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems Conference 2018, PEDES-2018.
- P. Dahiya, P. Mukhija, and Anmol Ratna Saxena, “Event-Triggered Based Automatic Generation Control Considering Probabilistic Actuator Failure,” in IEEE International Conference, ICPEICES-2018, held at DTU, Delhi.
- P. Dahiya, P. Mukhija, and Anmol Ratna Saxena, “Global Neighborhood Algorithm based Event-Triggered Automatic Generation Control,” in International Conference ICTSES'18, held at Manipal University, Jaipur.
- D. Kumar and Anmol Ratna Saxena, "Analysis of battery integrated second order two switch boost Converter," 2018 IEEMA Engineer Infinite Conference, eTechNxT, New Delhi, 2018, pp. 1-6.
- Anmol Ratna Saxena and Ashima Kulshreshtra "Universal Bus Front End PFC Fourth-Order Buck Converter as LED Drivers" IEEE Region Ten Conference, TENCON 2017 Penang (Malaysia)
- Ashima Kulshreshtra and Anmol Ratna Saxena "Optimized Load Sharing of LED Drivers in DC Homes Using Game Theoretic Approach" IEEE Region Ten Conference, TENCON 2017 Penang (Malaysia)
- Anmol Ratna Saxena and M. Veerachary, "QFT Based Robust Digital Current-Mode Controller Design for DC-DC Fourth-Order Boost Converter" 4th IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Electronics, UPCON 2017.
- Pankaj Dahiya, Pankaj Mukhija and Anmol Ratna Saxena "Event-Triggered Control for Frequency Regulation of Single-Area Thermal Power System" accepted for presentation in 6th IEEE International Conference on Computer Application in Electrical Engineering - Recent Advances CERA 2017, IIT Roorkee.
- Anmol Ratna Saxena and M. Veerachary, “Robust Digital Two-Loop Controller Design for Two-Inductor Boost Dc-Dc Converter,” in proc. 2016 IEEE 1st International Conference on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems, 2016, pp. 1-6, 4-6 Jul. 2016.
- Anmol Ratna Saxena, Ashima Kulshreshtha and Praveen Bansal, “Universal Bus Digitally Controlled Front End Damped PFC Cuk Converter as LED Drivers,” in proc. 2016 IEEE 1st International Conference on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems, 2016, pp. 1-6, 4-6 Jul. 2016.
- Pankaj Dahiya, Pankaj Mukhija and Anmol Ratna Saxena, “Stability Criteria for Load Frequency Control Systems with Communication Delays and Packet Dropout,” in proc. 2016 IEEE 1st International Conference on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems, 2016, pp. 1-6, 4-6 Jul. 2016.
- Anmol Ratna Saxena and Ashima Kulshreshtha, “Fourth-Order Single Stage PFC Converter as Driver for LED Lamp” in proc. IEEE Int. Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Signals, Communications and Optimization (EESCO), 2015, pp. 1-4, 24-25 Jan. 2015.
- Ravi Yadav, Praveen Bansal, Anmol Ratna Saxena, “A three-phase 9-level inverter with reduced switching devices for different PWM techniques,” in proc. 6th IEEE Power India Int. Conference (PIICON), 2014, pp.1-6, 5-7 Dec. 2014.
- Anmol Ratna Saxena and M. Veerachary, “Robust digital deadbeat control for DC-DC power converter with online parameter estimation,” in Proc. Joint Int. Conf. on Power Electron., Drives and Energy Syst. (PEDES) & 2010 Power India, pp.1-5, Dec. 2010.
- Anmol Ratna Saxena and M. Veerachary, “QFT based robust controller design for fourth-order boost dc-dc switching power converter,” in Proc. Joint Int. Conf. on Power Electron., Drives and Energy Syst. (PEDES) & 2010 Power India, pp. 1-5, Dec. 2010.
- Anmol Ratna Saxena and M. Veerachary, “Digital Deadbeat Control of Fourth Order Boost DC-DC Converter,” in Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on Recent Advances in Computer Appl. in Electrical Eng. CERA 2009., pp.1-6 Feb. 2009.
- Anmol Ratna Saxena and M. Veerachary, “Non-linear sampled-data model for fourth order boost DC-DC converter,” in Proc. 31st Int. Tele. Energy Conf., 2009. INTELEC 2009., pp.1-6, Oct. 2009.
- M. Veerachary and Anmol Ratna Saxena, “G-Parameter Based Stability Analysis of DC-DC Power Electronic System,” in Proc. Joint Int. Conf. on Power Syst. Technology and IEEE Power India Conf., 2008. POWERCON 2008., pp.1-4, Oct. 2008.
- Sakshi Srivastava and Anmol Ratna Saxena, "MPPT Algorithms for PV Array under Partial Shading: A Review,” in Proc. National Conference on Innovations in Electrical Engineering, pp.1-4, Feb. 2014.
Delivered following expert/invited talks:
- ‘Higher-Order Dc-Dc Power Converters: Design and Implementation Issues’ during TEQIP-II sponsored one week Short-Term Training Programme, 8-12th Dec. 2014 on ‘Power Electronics: Systems and Control’ at SVNIT Surat.
- ‘Digital Control Design for Dc-Dc Converters’ during TEQIP-II sponsored one week Short-Term Training Programme, 8-12th Dec. 2014 on ‘Power Electronics: Systems and Control’ at SVNIT Surat.
- ‘Analysis and Design of Switch-Mode DC-DC Converters’ at Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya Bhopal (M.P.), March, 2015.
- ‘Control Techniques and Automation’ during one week Continuing Education programme (CEP), 21-26 Dec. 2015, on ‘Process Controls, PLCs, Micro-Processors, Micro-Controllers in Machinery Controls and IPMS’ at Centre of Excellence (Marine Engineering), INS Shivaji, Lonavala.
- ‘Selected Topics in Control Systems’ during one week Continuing Education programme (CEP), 21-26 Dec. 2015, on `zz‘Process Controls, PLCs, Micro-Processors, Micro-Controllers in Machinery Controls and IPMS’ at Centre of Excellence (Marine Engineering), INS Shivaji, Lonavala.
- ‘Power Quality for Reliable Electric Power Supply System’ during one week short term course, 17-21 Dec. 2016, on ‘Advance Trends in Reliability Solutions for Engineering Applications’ at Rajasthan Technical University Kota.
- ‘Electrical Drives for Electric Propulsion of Ships’ during one week Continuing Education programme (CEP), 24-29 April 2017, on ‘Electric Ship Propulsion’ at Centre of Excellence (Marine Engineering), INS Shivaji, Lonavala.
- "Higher-Order DC-DC Converters for Industrial Applications" Faculty Development Program on “Recent Advances and Industrial Applications of Power Electronics Converters and Electrical Machines” during 22-26 October 2018 at Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh.
- "Power Electronic Interfaces for Sustainable Energy Solutions" during one week Faculty Development Programme on 'Sustainable Technologies for Energy & Environment' from 17th June 2019 to 22nd June 2019 sponsored by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University Lucknow.
Serving as a reviewer of the following key journals:
1. International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems published by Wiley
2. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics published by IEEE
3. IET Power Electronics
Selection Committee Member
Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE): (Membership No: 90791981)
- Member, IEEE , IEEE Region R10: Asia and Pacific
- Member, Industrial Electronics Society of IEEE
- Member, Power Electronics Society of IEEE
- Member, IEEE Young Professionals
- Member, IEEE Council on Superconductivity
Life Member, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE): (Membership No: LM122165)
Life Member, International Association of Engineers (IAENG): (Membership No: 160073)
- Member, IAENG Society of Electrical Engineering