|Name||:||Dr. Karan Verma|
|Department||:||Department of Computer Science & Engineering|
|Qualification||:||Ph.D.(Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Malaysia)|
Assistant Professor and Assistant Registrar (Academic (i/c)) - (21 March 2018 - Present)
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Delhi, India
Director – S-TIDE (Society for Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs) & Assistant Professor - (16 Dec. 2015 to 20 March 2018)
Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer
Post Doc - University of California, California, USA
Reserach Scholar (PhD) - (23 Sept. 2011 to 22 August 2015)
Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Perak, Malaysia
Assistant Profeesor - (23 Feb. 2011 to 22 Sept. 2011)
Sobhasaria Group of Institutions, Sikar, Rajasthan, India
Assistant Profeesor - (17 June 2010 to 22 Feb. 2011)
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab, India
Post DoC (PDF) in Computer Science & Engineering
University of Californian, Davis, USA
Ph.D. in Information Technology
Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia
M. Tech & B. Tech
Awards & Honors
93th Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), July 18-23, 2015; Prague, Czech Republic, Hosted by cz.nic.
IEEE-ISOC Fellowship Exchange Programme IEEE Plenary 802.11, March 13-18, 2016: Macau, China, Hosted by IEEE.
96th Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), July 17-22, 2016; Berlin, Germany, Hosted by Juniper Networks.
ICANN 57 Fellowship Next Generation programme, Nov. 03-09, 2016: Hyderabad, Hosted by NIXI, India.
DAAD – IIT Exchange Faculty Fellowship Program (Bilateral Exchange Academics) – 2017 (Paderborn University, Paderborn (Germany)), 20 May to 25 June, 2017.
Research Project Founded through the National Science, Technology and Innovation Plan (NSTIP) (Completed)
Project Code: 12-INF2723-03
Project Title: Novel Protocols for Improved Internet security and Reliability Principle Investigator: Dr. Ghadah Aldabbagh
Institute: King Abdulaziz University
Year: (2014 - 2016)
MHRD University Project RESEARCH (Completed)
Project Title: Campus Connect Wi-Fi project at Central University of Rajasthan
Project Code: 16-28/2009-DL/TEL
Year - (2015-2017)
COLLARABITIVE RESEARCH PROGRAMME UNDER DST-INRIA-CNRS
Project Title: Agile Modeling of SMART CITY – “a fusion of IoT and Big Data”
Year - (2017-2020)
COLLARABITIVE RESEARCH PROGRAMME DST- MOST
Project Title: Big Data Analytics in Healthcare
Year - (2018-2020)
RESEARCH PROGRAMME Hitachi R &D
Project Title: Big Data Management in VANET
Year - (2018-2022)
INDIAN-Brazil JOINT RESEARCH COOPERATION
Project Title: Internet Academy
Year - (2015-2020)
Assistant Registrar (academics) - 25 March 2018 to Till
Nodal Office Social Media Cell - 04 April 2018 to Till
Nodal Officer NAD Cell - 4 Oct. 2018 to Till
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, Prevention of DoS attacks in VANET, In Journal of Wireless Personal Communication Springer, vol. 73(1), pp. 95-126, 2013.
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, Bloom-filter Based Detection Scheme (BFICK) for Denialof Service attack in VANET, In Journal of Security and Communication Networks Wiley, vol. 8(5), pp. 864-878, 2015.
- Rajwinder Kaur and Karan Verma, Efficient Routing for Location Privacy Preserving in Internet of Things, In International Journal of Information Security and Privacy (IJISP), (Accepted), July 2017.
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, Space-efficient and accurate forwarding loop detection method using Bloom-filter for fast and reliable internet routing, In Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 79(3), 456-475, Sept. 2015.
- Karan Verma, IP-CHOCK Reference Detection and Prevention of Denial of Service (DoS) attack in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network: Detection and Prevention of Denial of Service (DoS)attacks in Vehicular Ad-hoc Network. In Proc. of Handbook of Research on Advanced Trends in Microwave and Communication Engineering (IGI Global), pp. 398-420, Sept. 2016.
- Karan Verma and Rajwinder Kaur, A Technique to Reduce Problem of Delay in Key Rekeying in Mobile Networks. In Proc. of Handbook of Communication in Comuter and Information Science Advanced in Computing and Data Sciences (Springer), 721(1), pp. 448-456, May. 2017.
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, An Efficient Defense Method against UDP Spoofed Flooding Traffic of Denial of Service (DoS) attacks in VANET, In Proc. of the 3rd IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC), pp. 551-516, Feb. 2013.
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, IP-CHOCK (filter)-Based Detection Scheme for Denial of Service (DoS) attacks in VANET, In Proc. of the 2ndInternational Conference on Computer and Information Sciences (ICCOINS), pp. 1-6, June 2014.
- Karan Verma and Halabi Hasbullah, Reference Broadcast Synchronization (RBS)-Based Prevention to DoS attacks in VANET. In Proc. of the 7thInternational Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), pp. 270-275, Aug. 2014.
- Karan Verma and Halabi Hasbullah, A Hybrid Approach on DoS attacks in VANET. In Proc. of the 1th International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technologies (Accepted), Sept. 2016.
- Karan Verma and Hema Shekhawat, Privacy Preserving Techniques for Big Data Analysis in Cloud. In Proc. of the International Conference on Advances in Internet of Things and Connected Technologies (Accepted), April 2017.
- Tunisha Varshney and Karan Verma, Rectifying network and loop free forwarding using time synchronization, In Proc of International Conference on Optical & Wireless Technologies, pp. 383-389, Jan. 2018.
- Tunisha Varshney and Karan Verma, Rectifying flow of duplicacy using Bloom-filter, In Proc. of International Conference on Computer, communications and Electronice (Comptelix), pp. 300-304, July 2017.
- Richa Jaiswal and Karan Verma, Modified IP passing scheme to check correctness of passing IP in VANET. In Proc. of International Conference on Computer, communications and Electronice (Comptelix), pp. 464-466, July 2017.
- Karan Verma and Hema Shekhawat, Privacy preserving techniques for Big Data Analysis in cloud. In Prof. of the India International Science Festival, Nov. 2016.
- Karan Verma and Tunisha Varshney. BIG DATA - “a positive reinforcement in rural area”. In Prof. of the India International Science Festival, Nov. 2016.
- Karan Verma “Object Oriented Metrics” in Advance Computing and Communication Technology pp. 35-41, Feb. 2009.
- Karan Verma “Reliability As A Quality Attribute In SDLC: An Overview” in 4th National conference on Innovative developments in Engineering Applications (March 26-27, 2009).
1. FDP Delivering as Talk in SCNS – (12 - 17th, 2016).
2. FDP Delivering as Talk in Effective Teaching - (22 - 24th, 2018)
3. FDP Delivering as Talk in – IoT and Cloud Computing - 10 - 14th, 2018)
Selection Committee Member
1. Internet Society
5. IGF-USA, APRIGF, APSIG