|Name||:||Dr. Karan Verma|
|Department||:||Department of Computer Science & Engineering|
|Qualification||:||Ph.D.(Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Malaysia)|
Deputy Chief Warden - (01 Jan. 2020 - Present)
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Delhi, India
Assistant Professor and Assistant Registrar (Academic (i/c)) - (21 March 2018 - 31 Dec. 2019)
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Delhi, India
Director – S-TIDE (Society for Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs) & Assistant Professor - (16 Dec. 2015 to 20 March 2018)
Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer
Post Doc - University of California, California, USA
Reserach Scholar (PhD) - (23 Sept. 2011 to 22 August 2015)
Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Perak, Malaysia
Assistant Profeesor - (23 Feb. 2011 to 22 Sept. 2011)
Sobhasaria Group of Institutions, Sikar, Rajasthan, India
Assistant Profeesor - (22 Feb. 2011 to 21 Sept. 2011)
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab, India
Assistant Profeesor - (17 June 2010 to 21 Feb. 2011)
Post DoC (PDF) in Computer Science & Engineering
University of Californian, Davis, USA
Ph.D. in Information Technology
Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia
Awards & Honors
DAAD – IIT/UGC Exchange Faculty Fellowship Program (Bilateral Exchange Academics) – (Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (Germany), June 01 - 30, 2019.
IETF – 101 Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meeting supported by IRTF Fellowship March 11-18, 2018; London, UK.
93th Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), July 18-23, 2015; Prague, Czech Republic, Hosted by cz.nic.
IEEE-ISOC Fellowship Exchange Programme IEEE Plenary 802.11, March 13-18, 2016: Macau, China, Hosted by IEEE.
96th Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), July 17-22, 2016; Berlin, Germany, Hosted by Juniper Networks.
ICANN 57 Fellowship Next Generation programme, Nov. 03-09, 2016: Hyderabad, Hosted by NIXI, India.
DAAD – IIT Exchange Faculty Fellowship Program (Bilateral Exchange Academics) – 2017 (Paderborn University, Paderborn (Germany)), 20 May to 25 June, 2017.
Research Project Founded through the National Science, Technology and Innovation Plan (NSTIP) (Completed)
Project Code: 12-INF2723-03
Project Title: Novel Protocols for Improved Internet security and Reliability Principle Investigator: Dr. Ghadah Aldabbagh
Institute: King Abdulaziz University
Year: (2014 - 2016)
MHRD University Project RESEARCH (Completed)
Project Title: Campus Connect Wi-Fi project at Central University of Rajasthan
Project Code: 16-28/2009-DL/TEL
Year - (2015-2017)
COLLARABITIVE RESEARCH PROGRAMME UNDER DST-INRIA-CNRS (Completed)
Project Title: Agile Modeling of SMART CITY – “a fusion of IoT and Big Data”
Year - (2017-2020)
COLLARABITIVE RESEARCH PROGRAMME DST- MOST (Completed)
Project Title: Big Data Analytics in Healthcare
Year - (2018-2020)
RESEARCH PROGRAMME Hitachi R &D
Project Title: Big Data Management in VANET
Year - (2018-2022)
INDIAN-Brazil JOINT RESEARCH COOPERATION
Project Title: Internet Academy
Year - (2015-2020)
Collaborative Research Scheme (TEQIP-III) – NPIU
Project - 1. Secure Healthcare surveillance using smart IoT devices (Application id: 1-5755935394)
2. Border Surveillance system using wireless sensor networks (Application id: 1-5748651630)
Years - (2019 - 2021)
TeQIP, GIAN - coordinator - Sept. 2019 to Till
Nodal Office Social Media Cell - 04 April 2018 to Till
Nodal Officer NAD Cell - 4 Oct. 2018 to Till
Assistant Registrar (academics) - 25 March 2018 to 31 Dec. 2019
- International Journals
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, Prevention of DoS attacks in VANET, In Journal of Wireless Personal Communication Springer, vol. 73(1), pp. 95-126, 2013.
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, Bloom-filter Based Detection Scheme (BFICK) for Denial of Service attack in VANET, In Journal of Security and Communication Networks Wiley, vol. 8(5), pp. 864-878, 2015.
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, Ghadah Aldabbagh, Space-efficient and accurate forwarding loop detection method using Bloom-filter for fast and reliable internet routing, In Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 79(3), 456-475, 2015.
- Rajwinder Kaur, Karan Verma, Shelendra Kumae Jain, Nishtha Kesswani, Efficient routing protocol for location privacy preserving in internet of things, International journal of Information Security and Privacy, 13(1), pp. 70-85, 2019.
- Shashvat Kumar, Karan Verma, Rikmantra Basu, Arshpreet Kaur, Comparison of Time Series Models Predicting Trends in Typhoid Cases in Northern India, SouthEast Asian Trop Med Public Health, 50(2), pp. 347-356, 2019.
- Karan Verma, Leandro Melo de Sales, Ashok Kumar, Security and Privacy issue in VANET, In Journal of IEEE Transactions Vehicular Technology, (Accepted), May. 2019.
- Karan Verma, Leandro Melo de Sales, Ashok Kumar, Reference Broadcast Synchronization (RBS)-using Prevention to DoS attacks in VANET, In Journal of IEEE Transactions Vehicular Technology, (Accepted), April 2019.
- Karan Verma, Leandro Melo de Sales, Ashok Kumar, Developing a polynomial-time orient-able cycle decomposition heuristic, In Journal of Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, (Accepted), June 2019.
- Shashvat, K., Verma, K., Basu, R., and Bhondekar, A. P. (2018). A Time Series Approach to Forecast Weekly Number of Cases of North West Delhi?: Case Study. In Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health, (Accepted), Jan. 2019.
- Arshpreet Kaur, Karan Verma, Amol P Bhondekar, Kumar ShashvatImplementation of Bagged SVM Ensemble Model for Classification of Epileptic States using EEG, Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology (DOI : 10.2174/1389201020666190618112715), 2019.
- Yash Bhatnagar, Karan Verma, Ashok Kumar, Leandro Melo de Sales, and Sudesh Kumar, Evaluation of Short and Medium Answer Questions Using Natural Language Processing and Neural Networks. In Journal of Machine Learning (Springer), (Accepted), July. 2019.
- Mrigendra Singh, Karan Verma, Ashok Kumar, Leandro Melo de Sales, and Sudesh Kumar, Enabling Real-Time Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) Communication for Intelligent Transportation System (ITS). In Journal of Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, (Accepted), July. 2019.
- Gunjan Rehani, Karan Verma, Ajay K Sharma, Layered Energy Balanced Unequal Clustering and Routing (LEBUCR) Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks, In Journal of Ad Hoc and Sensor Wireless Networks, (Accepted), Jan. 2020.
- Gunjan Rehani, Karan Verma, Ajay K Sharma, NSGA-II with ENLU inspired Clustering for Wireless Sensor Networks, In Journal of Wireless Networks (WINE), (Accepted), Jan. 2020.
- International Conferences
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, An Efficient Defense Method against UDP Spoofed Flooding Traffic of Denial of Service (DoS) attacks in VANET, In Proc. of 3rd IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC), pp. 550-555, Feb. 2013.
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, IP-CHOCK (filter)-Based Detection Scheme for Denial of Service (DoS) attacks in VANET, In Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Computer and Information Sciences (ICCOINS), pp. 1-6, June 2014.
- Karan Verma, Halabi Hasbullah, Reference Broadcast Synchronization (RBS)-Based Prevention to DoS attacks in VANET. In Proc. of the 7th International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), pp. 270-275, Aug. 2014.
- Tunisha Varshney, Karan Verma, Rectifying flow of duplicacy using Bloom-filter, In Proc. of International Conference on Computer, communications and Electronice (Comptelix), pp. 300-304, July 2017.
- Richa Jaiswal, Karan Verma, Modified IP passing scheme to check correctness of passing IP in VANET. In Proc. of International Conference on Computer, communications and Electronice (Comptelix), pp. 464-466, July 2017.
- Shashvat Kumar, Arshpreet Kaur, Rikmantra Basu, Karan Verma, A Time Series Approach to Forecast Weekly Number of Cases of North West Delhi: Case Study. In Proc of International Conference on Recent Innovations in Electrical, Electronics & Communiction Engineering (ICRIEECE), (Accepted), 27-28 July, 2018.
- Naresh Kumar, Karan Verma and Annu, Security for Mobile System: 5G. In Proc. of International Conference on Optical & Wireless Technologies (OWT), Springer (Accepted), Feb. 2019.
- Annu, Karan Verma and Naresh Kumar, Security in Wireless Sensor Network using IPSEC. In Proc. of International Conference on Optical & Wireless Technologies (OWT), Springer (Accepted), Feb. 2019.
- Ashok Kumar, Jitendra Kumar Deegwal, Karan Verma and Arjun Kumar, Asymmetric CPW-Fed Multistubs Loaded Compact Printed Multiband Antenna for Wireless Application In Proc. of International Conference on Optical & Wireless Technologies (OWT), Springer (Accepted), Feb. 2019.
- Mohit Sajwan, Ajay K Sharma, Karan Verma, Analysis Of Scalability For Hierarchical Routing Protocols In Proc. International Conference on Emerging Trends in Information Technology, Springer (Accepted), 2019.
- Mohit Sajwan, Karan Verma, Ajay K Sharma, Impact of Sink Location In The Routing Of Wireless Sensor Networks. In Proceedings of the International Conference Information, Communication & Computing Technology (ICICCT-2019), Springer, (Accepted), 2019.
- Arshpreet Kaur, Kumar Shashvat, Karan Verma and Amol Bhondekar, Identification of Inter-ictal activity from EEG Signal using Non-linear Features. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Recent Trends in Machine Learning, IOT, Smart Cities & Applications (ICMISC 2020), (Accepted), Jan. 2020.
- Leandro M Sales, Wendell S Soares, Rafael Silva, Karan Verma and Eduardo Setton, A Network of Cooperative Routers to Distribute Live Multimedia Content over the Internet. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing, Networking and communications, (ICNC 2020) (Accepted), Jan. 2020.
- Book Chapter
- Karan Verma, IP-CHOCK Reference Detection and Prevention of Denial of Service (DoS) attack in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network: Detection and Prevention of Denial of Service (DoS) attacks in Vehicular Ad-hoc Network, Handbook of Research on Advanced Trends in Microwave and Communication Engineering, pp. 398-420, 2016.
- Tunisha Varshney, Karan Verma, Resilient Network and Loop-Free Forwarding Using Time Synchronization, Optical and Wireless Technologies, pp. 383-389, 2017.
- Karan Verma and Rajwinder Kaur, A Technique to Reduce Problem of Delay in Key Rekeying in Mobile Networks, In Proc. of Handbook of Communication in Computer and Information Science (Advanced in Computing and Data Sciences (Springer)), pp. 448-456, 2017.
- National Conference
- Karan Verma “Object Oriented Metrics” in Advance Computing and Communication Technology pg no. D 35-41(February 6-7, 2009).
- Karan Verma “Reliability As A Quality Attribute In SDLC: An Overview” in 4th National conference on Innovative developments in Engineering Applications (March 26-27, 2009).
1. FDP Delivering as Talk in SCNS – (12 - 17th, 2016).
2. FDP Delivering as Talk in Effective Teaching - (22 - 24th, 2018)
3. FDP Delivering as Talk in – IoT and Cloud Computing - 10 - 14th, 2018)
Selection Committee Member
1. Internet Society
5. IGF-USA, APRIGF, APSIG