|Name||:||Dr Kapil Kumar|
|Department||:||Department of Civil Engineering|
Assistant Professor (July 2015 – Present), National Institute of Technology (NIT) Delhi, India
Assistant Professor (September 2013 – June 2015), Doon University Dehradun, Dehradun, U.K., India
Assistant Professor (August 2012- June 2013) BTKIT, Dwarahat, Almora, U.K. India
Senior Researcher (November 2005- November 2011), Centre for Energy Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
Ph.D. Environmental Engineering (2006-2012) Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi), India.
Title: Biological treatment of dye contaminated wastewater
M.Tech. Environmental Science & Engineering (2003-2005) Guru Jambeshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar, Haryana, India.
Dissertation Title :Performance Study of UASB Reactor for the Treatment of Distillery Waste Water under Mesophilic and Thermophilic Conditions for biogas generation
M.Sc. Environmental Science(2000-2002) Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India.
Awards & Honors
Selected for “Canadian Commonwealth Fellowship 2010” to work at University of Saskatchewan,Canada.
Senior Research Fellowship (MHRD, Govt of India) 2005-2006, CES, IIT, New Delhi,India.
National Doctoral Fellowship (AICTE Fellowship, Govt of India) 2006-2011, CES, IIT,New Delhi, India.
Qualified University Grant Commission (UGC),National Eligibility Test(NET) for Lectureship/Assistant Professor in Environmental Sciences in December 2003.
Qualified Agriculture Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB),National Eligibility Test(NET)for Assistant Prof./Lecturer in Environmental Science in June 2004.
Awarded financial assistance from Department of Science and Technology (DST) Govt. of India, for attending “International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology,July 12-16,2010, Houston, USA.
Awarded financial assistance from IIT Delhi, India, for attending “International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering, October 28-30, 2009, Venice,Italy.
Areas of Research Interest:
I specialize in bioremediation, biological waste management, bioleaching of heavy metals and bio-energy, Bioleaching of heavy metals from sludges Role of constructed wetlands in wastewater treatment along ample experience in writing project proposals, manuscript preparation and data compilation & analysis.
There is a lot of open scope in near future to be explored.
Mr. Naveen Chand is currently enrolled in Doctoral programme under my supervision
Title of Thesis- Removal of Pharmaceuticals from wastewater using consturcted wetlands
Research/ Editorial/ Press Achievements:
Citations: Many of the international journal articles have been cited by different authors and research groups altogether in more than 750 international journal articles, book chapters, and conference articles.
Editorial activities: Actively participating for more than 10 years as a reviewer to international journals such as International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Ecological Engineering, Hazardous Materials, Bioresource Technology Letters etc.
Chairman Scholarship Cell- July 2021- till date
Deputy Chief Warden- November 2019- till date
Controller of Vehicles- July 2017 - till date
Chairman (Social Reformation Cell)- July 2017- till date
Coordinator Think India- July 2017 - till date
Coordinator Kalam Centre- July 2017 till date
Head (Training & Placement Cell)- July 2015 - July 2021
Citation: 753 (Google Scholar) Highest Impact Factor Paper- 14.98 Index- 07
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-2297-870X Vidwan id: 97035
International Journal (IJ) Total-23
1 . Surendra Suthar, Bhawna Sharma, Kapil Kumar, Rajesh Banu, Vinay Kumar Tyagi (2021) Enhanced biogas production in dilute acid-thermal pretreatment and cattle dung biochar mediated bio methanation of water hyacinth, Accepted in Fuel (I.F. 6.6)
2. Naveen Chand, Kapil Kumar, Surindra Suthar (2021) Wastewater nutrients and coliforms removals in tidal flow constructed wetland: Effect of the plant (Typha) stand and biochar addition. Accepted in Journal of Water Process Engineering (I.F=5.48)
3. Baleeswaraiah Muchharla, Praveen Malali, Brenna Daniel, Alireza Kondori, Mohammad Asadi, Wei Cao, Hani Elsayed-Ali, Mickaël Castro, Mehran Elahi, Adetayo Adedeji, Kishor Sadasivuni, Muni Raj Maurya, Kapil Kumar, Abdennaceur Karoui, Bijandra Kumar (2021) Tri-molybdenum Phosphide (Mo3P) and Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Junctions for Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) Detection, Accepted in Applied Physics Letters (I.F.- 3.79)
4. Naveen Chand, Kapil Kumar, Surindra Suthar (2021) Enhanced wastewater nutrients removal in vertical subsurface flow constructed wetland: Effect of biochar addition and tidal flow operation, Chemosphere, Volume 28, Part 2, January 2022, 131742 (I.F- 7.08)
5. Naval Kishore Singh, Kanchan Shahi, Kapil Kumar, SurindraSuthar (2021) Enhanced vermicomposting of leaf litter by white-rot fungi pretreatment and subsequent feeding by Eisenia fetida under a two-stage process, Bioresource Technology Reports, Volume 13, 100609
6. Johvan O. Hill-Dicka, Alexis Harmona, WeiCao, Kishor K. Sadasivunic, Mehran Elahia, Adetayo Adedeji, Hani E. Elsayed-Ali, Gymama Slaughter, Kapil Kumar, Mohammad Asadi, Bijandra Kumar (2021) Nanocoral Ag for nonenzymatic glucose detection at extremely low operational potential, Materials Today Communications, Volume 27, 102261 (I.F.- 3.383)
7. Richa Kothari, Arya Pandey, Shamshad Ahmad, Har Mohan Singh, Vinayak V. Pathak, V. V. Tyagi, Kapil Kumar, Ahmet Sari (2021) Utilization of Chlorella pyrenoidosa for Remediation of Common Effluent Treatment Plant Wastewater in Coupling with Co-relational Study: An Experimental Approach, Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00128-021-03292-7 (IF- 2.151)
8 . Naveen Chand, Kapil Kumar, Surindra Suthar (2021) Cattle dung biochar-packed vertical flow constructed wetland for nutrient removal”: Effect of intermittent aeration and wastewater COD/N loads on the removal process. Journal of Water Process Engineering, xxx (XXX) 102215 (I.F=5.48)
9 . Naveen Chand, Surendra Suthar, Kapil Kumar, Vinay Kumar Tyagi, (2021) Enhanced removal of nutrients and coliforms from domestic wastewater in cattle dung biochar-packed Colocasiaesculenta-based vertical subsurface flow constructed wetland. Journal of Water Process Engineering, 41, 101994 (I.F=5.48)
1. Richa Kothari, Shamshad Ahmad, Vinayak V. Pathak, Arya Pandey, Saubhagya Singh, Kapil Kumar, V.V. Tyagi (2018) Experiment-based thermodynamic feasibility with co-digestion of nutrient-rich biowaste materials for biogas production, (Accepted) 3 Biotech https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205-017-1023-z (IF-1.361)
1. Vipin Kumar Saini, Surindrar Suhar, Chaudhari Karmveer, Kapil Kumar (2017) Valorization of Toxic Weed Lantana camara L. Biomass for Adsorptive Removal of Lead, Journal of chemistry, Volume 2017, (Article ID 5612594) (Accepted), (IF-0.996)
2. Surindra suthar, Bhawna Pandey, Rita Gusain, Rubia Zahid Gaur, Kapil Kumar (2017) "Nutrient changes and biodynamics of Eisenia fetida during vermicomposting of water lettuce (Pistia sp.) biomass: A noxious weed of aquatic system”, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, (Springer, USA), Volume 24, Issue 1, 199-207 (IF-4.22)
1. Kapil Kumar, Shikhardeep, Surindra Suthar, M.G. Dastidar and T.R.Sreekrishnan (2016) Application of fuzzy inference system (FIS) coupled with Mamdani’s method in modelling and optimization of process parameters for biotreatment of real textile wastewater, Desalination and Water Treatment (Taylor & Francis,USA), Volume 57, Issue 21, 9690-9697 (IF-1.272)
2. Kapil Kumar, Gaurav Kumar Singh, M.G. Dastidar, T.R. Sreekrisnan and Surindra Suthar (2016) Role of Iron-oxidizing microorganisms in bioleaching of heavy metals from sewage sludge contaminated with textile dyes. Geomicrobiology, (Taylor & Francis, USA), Volume 33, 63- 71(IF-1.98)
Year 2015 :
1. Surindra Suthar, Poonam sajwan, Kapil Kumar (2015) Vermiremediation of heavy metals in wastewater sludge from paper and pulp industry using earthworm Eisenia fetida. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, (Elsevier, USA), Volume 109, 177-184 (IF- 4.52)
2. Surendra Suthar, Rashmi Verma, Shikha Deep, Kapil Kumar (2015) Optimization of conditions (pH and temperature) for Lemna gibba production using fuzzy model coupled with Mamdani’s method, Ecological Engineering (Elsevier, USA) Volume 83, 452-455 (IF = 3.40)
3. Surendra Suthar, Kapil Kumar, Pravin K Mutiyar, (2015) Nutrient recovery from compostable fractions of municipal solid wastes using vermitechnology. Journal of Materials Recycle and Waste Management (Springer, USA), Volume 17, Issue 1, 174-184 (IF-2.86)
1. Kapil Kumar, Gaurav Kumar Singh, M.G.Dastidar and T.R. Sreekrisnan (2014) Effect of mixed liquor volatile suspended solids (MLVSS) and hydraulic retention time (HRT) on the performance of activated sludge process during the biotreatment of real textile wastewater, Water Resources and industry (Elsevier, USA), Volume 5, 1–8
2. Kapil Kumar, Surindra Suthar, M.G.Dastidar and T.R. Sreekrisnan (2014) Bioleaching of heavy metals from textile sludge by indigenous sulfur-and-iron-oxidizing microorganisms using elemental sulfur and ferrous sulfate as energy sources: A comparative study. Geomicrobiology (Taylor & Francis, USA), Volume31, Issue 10, 847–854 (IF-1.98)
3. Kapil Kumar, M.G. Dastidar and T.R. Sreekrisnan (2014) Tolerance levels of sulfur-oxidizing microorganisms to Methylene blue and Remazol black B dyes during sewage sludge bioleaching. Desalination and Water Treatment (Taylor & Francis, USA), Volume 52, Issue 31-33, 6185-6193 (IF- 1.272)
4. Kapil Kumar, M.G. Dastidar and T.R. Sreekrisnan (2014) Feasibility of different carbon sources for growing microbial biomass in aerobic batch reactor and their application for dye removal from contaminated wastewater. Desalination and Water Treatment (Taylor & Francis, USA), Volume 52, Issue 34-36, 6632-6638. (IF-1.272)
Year 2010 :
1. Ashwani Kumar, Kapil Kumar, Satyawati Sharma, Saroj Mishra and Naresh Kaushik (2010) Renewable Energy in India: Current Status and Future Potentials. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review (Elsevier, USA), Volume 14, Issue 8, 2434-2442 (IF- 14.98)
2. V. P. Ranjusha, ReenaPundir, Kapil Kumar, M.G.Dastidar and T.R. Sreekrisnan (2010) Biosorption Kinetics of Remazol Black B dye (Azo dye) by the growing Aspergillus. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A (Taylor & Francis, USA), Volume 45, Issue 10, 1256 – 1263 (IF-1.53)
International Conference (IC) Total- 04
1. Singh Vandana, Kapil Kumar and M.G. Dastidar (2007) Use of Waste Biomass Material for the Treatment of Dye Contaminated Wastewater, paper presented in International Conference on“Global warming – Boon or Bane & International conference on effects of Iodine deficiency and trace elements on human health “ at Jamia Hamdard University , Delhi, India from December 27-29, 2007, pp 41.
1. Kapil Kumar, M.G. Dastidar and T.R. Sreekrisnan (2009) Effect of process parameters on aerobic decolourization of reactive azo dye using mixed culture, paper presented in International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering held on October 28- 30, 2009 at Venice, Italy. pp 1133-1136
2. Kapil Kumar, M.G. Dastidar and T.R. Sreekrisnan (2009)Effect of Inoculum Sources on Degradation of Dyes Using Mix Culture, paper presented in International conference MICROPOL AND ECOHAZARD 2009-6th IWA/GRA on assessment and control of micropollutants /hazardous substances in water held on 8-10, June 2009 at San Francisco Bay area, California, the USA pp 236-237.
1. Kapil Kumar, M.G. Dastidar and T.R. Sreekrisnan (2010) Decolourization and Degradation of Dyes By Mixed and Methanogenic Cultures under Batch Conditions, paper presented in International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology held on July 12-16, 2010 at Houston, Texas, USA.
National Conference (NC) 03
1. Kapil Kumar, Pushpendra, V. Gangal, and D.R. Khanna (2003) Performance Study of Distillery Effluent Treatment Plant, paper presented in National Seminar on Emerging Environmental Issues and Technological Challenges, Deptt. of Env. Sc. and Engg., G.J.U., Hisar,India, Sept. 1-2, 2003, pp. 86-87.
1. Alka Thapliyal, Kapil Kumar, M.G. Dastidar, Padma Vasudevan and T.R. Sreekrishnan (2007) Utilization of medicinal plants: the need for an integrated approach, paper presented in National seminar on Medicinal plants: Conservation, Cultivation and Utilization II held at GKVV, Haridwar (Uttranchal ), 9-11 March 2007, pp 78.
1. Kapil Kumar, M.G. Dastidar and T.R. Sreekrisnan (2008) Biological Treatment of Dye Contaminated Wastewater, paper presented in National Symposium on "Contemporary Environmental Problems and Biotechnological Application in their Management" Organized by School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India held on March 7, 2008, pp 3.
- Participated in e-Learning Program on “Green Productivity and Environmental Management Systems (ISO14001)” jointly organized by Asian Productivity Organization (APO) and National Productivity Council, India, from 21- 24, August 2006.
- National workshop cum seminar on “Indian Energy Scenario & Energy Security” organized by Pollution Control Research Association (PCRA), at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi , India on January 22, 2008. Kapil Kumar, PhD Page 3
- Attended workshop on “Academic Environment in Higher Technical Education: Future Prespectives” from30th September, 2016 to 1st October , 2016 at National Institute of Technology Jalandhar
Selection Committee Member