|Name||:||Dr. Suman Srivastava | DST-INSPIRE Faculty|
|Designation||:||Chemistry, Assistant Professor|
|Department||:||Department of Applied Sciences|
Ph.D (Banaras Hindu University)
Awards & Honors
- DST-INSPIRE Faculty award (2014)
- Postdoctoral fellowship at IIT Mandi (2013)
- Dr D. S. Kothari postdoctoral fellowship (2013).
- CDRI-Incentive award for the appreciation of excellent research work resulting in publication of paper “Cascade [4+1] annulation via more environmentally friendly nitrogen ylide in water: Synthesis of bicyclic and tricyclic fused dihydrofuran” in the journal Green Chemistry, 2012, 14, 3269-3272 at Central Drug Research Institute (2013).
- CDRI-Incentive award for the appreciation of excellent research work resulting in publication of paper “Functional ionic liquid mediated synthesis (FILMs) of dihydrothiophene and tacrine derivatives” in the journal Green Chemistry, 13, 2459-2463 at Central Drug Research Institute (2012).
- CDRI-Incentive award for the appreciation of excellent research work resulting in publication of paper “synthesis of new class of alkyl azaarene pyridinium zwitterions via iodine mediated sp3 C-H bond activation” in the journal Organic Letters, 13 (24), 6366-6369 at Central Drug Research Institute (2012).
- CSIR-UGC-NET (JRF) 2006
- GATE (Chemical Sciences) 2007
- GATE (Chemical Sciences) 2006
- Acharya P. C. Ray memorial cash prize for securing highest percentage of aggregate marks at the M. Sc. Inorganic chemistry examination, 2006 (Banaras Hindu University).
- Late Prof. Sanat Kumar Basu cash prize for securing highest percentage of marks in chemistry at the M.Sc. (Final) examination, 2006 (Banaras Hindu University).
. Anion-cation co-operative catalysis by artificial sweetener saccharine-based ionic liquid for sustainable synthesis of 3,4-dihydropyrano[c]chromenes, 4,5-dihydropyrano[4,3-b]pyran and tetrahydrobenzo[b]pyrans in aqueous medium, Himani Sharma and Suman Srivastava* RSC Adv., 2018, 8, 38974-38979.
2. Betaine mediated synthesis of annulated dihydrofurans from oxobis (methylthio) ketene acetals and N-butyl-N’-methyl ethane- 1,2-diamine as precursors via NHC elimination, Atul Kumar, * Shivam Maurya, Kemant, and Suman Srivastava, Chem. Commun., 2016, 52, 2795-2798, (Impact factor: 6.567), ISSN 1364-548X
3 Functional Ionic liquid [bmim][Sac] Mediated Synthesis of Ferrocenyl Thiopropanones via “Dual Activation of Substrate by Ionic liquid” Atul Kumar, * Suman Srivastava, Garima Gupta, Promod Kumar, Jayanta Sarkar, RSC Advances (Impact factor 3.289, 2013, 3, 3548-3552. ISSN 2046-2069
4. Novel Diastereoselective Synthesis of Spiropyrrolidine-Oxindole Derivatives as Anti-Breast Cancer Agents, Atul Kumar, * Garima Gupta, Suman Srivastava, Ruchi Saxena, Ruchir Kant, Ranjana S. Khanna, Prakas R. Maulik, and Anila Dwivedi, RSC advances (Impact factor 2.9) 2013, 3, 4731-4735, ISSN 2046-2069
5. Cascade [4+1] annulation via more environmentally friendly nitrogen ylide in water: Synthesis of bicyclic and tricyclic fused dihydrofuran, Atul Kumar,* Suman Srivastava and Garima Gupta, Green Chemistry (Impact factor 9.125) ISSN 1463-9262, 2012, 14, 3269-3272.
6. A Novel Access for Indole-3-substituted Dihydrocoumarins in Artificial Sweetener Saccharin based Functional Ionic Liquid, RSC advances (Impact factor: 3.289), Atul Kumar,* Promod kumar, Vishwa Deepak Tripathi, Suman Srivastava, 2012, 2, 11641-11644.
7. Synthesis of New Class of Alkyl Azarene Pyridinium Zwitterions via Iodine Mediated sp3 C-H Bond Activation, Atul Kumar,* Garima Gupta, and Suman Srivastava, Organic letter (Impact factor 6.732) 2011, 13, 6366-6369.
8. Natural Product Inspired Diversity Oriented Synthesis of Tetrahydroquinoline Scaffolds as Antitubercular Agent. Atul Kumar, Suman Srivastava, Garima Gupta, Vinita Chaturvedi, Sudhir Sinha, and R. Srivastava, ACS. Combinatorial Science ((Impact factor 3.168) 2011, 13, 65-71. ISSN: 2156-8944
9. Functional ionic liquid mediated synthesis (FILMS) of dihydrothiophenes and tacrine derivatives, Atul Kumar,* Garima Gupta and Suman Srivastava Green Chemistry (Impact factor 8.506) 2011, 13, 2459-2463. Highlighted in Cheminform abstract http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/chin.201203140/abstract
10. Supramolecular carbohydrate scaffold-catalyzed synthesis of tetrahydroquinolines. Atul Kumar, * Suman Srivastava, Garima Gupta, Tetrahedron Letters (Impact factor 2.28) 2010, 51, 517-520.
11. Synthesis of chalcones and flavanones using Juliae Kocienski olefination. Atul Kumar, * Siddharth Sharma, Vishwa Deepak Tripathi, Suman Srivastava, Tetrahedron (Impact factor 2.675) 2010, 66, 9445-9449. this paper is highlighted in Cheminform abstract http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/chin.201112085/abstract
12. Diversity Oriented Synthesis of Pyrrolidines via Natural Carbohydrate Solid Acid Catalyst. Atul Kumar,* Garima Gupta, and Suman Srivastava, Journal of Combinatorial Chemistry (Impact factor: 3.317) 2010, 12, 458-462.
Selection Committee Member
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Royal Society of Chemistry , RSC, AMRSC, Membership ID: 623631
- Lifetime membership of Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI), Membership ID: LM1878
- International Association Of Advanced Materials (IAAM) Membership ID: 8191291445
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Membership ID: 31021808